Tuesday 1 May 2012

What's on your menu?

Last night I created a 14 day menu to make my life that tad more easier. I tried to spice it up by putting a variety of multicultural dishes into the menu. I think it looks quite exotic - not to mention healthy.


Today was the my first day and I can honestly say, my anxiety levels were decreased. It is strange, because I knew exactly what I wanted to cook the day just seemed to run smoothly. Don't get me wrong, I didn't complete everything I wanted to but I was quite calm. Dinner was made (lunch for my husband) and whatever came after that I was cool with it.  I am hoping to also save myself a buck or two doing this way.. That family home needs to come by year end right?!

Structure is important for me and today I realised it was the thing that I really missed in my life. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely versatile and can adapt to all situations (that felt like I was writing my CV) but it is nice to know what could potentially happen when. 

Back in the good ol' working days, I remember checking my calendar in the morning and knowing just what was planned gave me that inner peace. My menu has done the same. It will also allow me to showcase my hidden cooking talents and be creative.. Might have to find me self the ultimate apron to ensure I play the part correctly!

I would also love to hear of any recipes or dishes that you recommend. As this is an ongoing thing, I am going to be looking for some exciting dishes to try.

I wonder how these wonderful people can just play it hour by hour. I mean, I look at my mum. The most versatile woman in the world (thats not the only awesome quality she has but we will leave that for another time). Mum didn't need a menu nor a routine, guess I didn't inherit that trait considering I'm on the other end of the scale.

Then we have my husband. I find it strange with him. He spent most of his life at boarding school and as we would all know, boarding school has structure like you wouldn't believe. They allocate exactly the time you eat and if you don't you miss out! Fair to say, that trait didn't continue.... Thank God he has me in his life to keep him together ;).

On another note, back to religion class tomorrow. Aim is not to miss any further classes and tick off a task to achieve that personal satisfaction.... Can't wait, am very excited!

Til next time...
Love Love
Mx


No comments:

Post a Comment