Thursday 3 May 2012

Humbled... Thank Allah!

Back to religion class yesterday and honestly, the inner peace I gain from these classes is phenomenal. May Allah bless our teacher who endures much patience to put up with us all. Her knowledge is amazing, may she be rewarded for sharing this & allowing us to become better Muslims.

After the lesson, which is in two segments; one about the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and the other segment is about 'life after life', off I go to share my new found knowledge with my husband. Mind you, thank Allah he is rather educated and can add a little more to it to give me that extra knowledge. So with my 'I think I'm cool hat' on, I relay my learnings. We speak about our Prophet (pbuh) and the characteristics he possessed and all of a sudden I become extremely teary. As we know, it doesn't take me much to shed a tear or two but when it comes to religion it just seems to be that much deeper. Why was I teary? Not only because I want to be a better Muslim but because of two other reasons. One, a story my husband was telling me. Without going into detail (in case I get it wrong and that ain't a good thing) but the meaning to this story was the love the Prophet (pbuh) is unbelievable. I quote from my husband "Your mother does not love you a third of what the Prophet (pbuh) does." I mean, what?! This noble, humble, pious man has love for all of his people. He didn't want to die until he received confirmation from Allah (swt) that he will look after his people (ummah). How unselfish is that? These days, no one wishes well upon their own sibling/friend let alone the whole ummah!

The 2nd was a statement made by our teacher, "No calamity you are faced with will compare to the calamities that the Prophet (pbuh) was faced with." Can you believe this? Here we are crying over the fact we can't afford that lavish car or house yet this noble man suffered more than we can imagine and never lost faith!

This truly hit home with me. More so because I am a mother and have extreme love for my 2 children and I hear it is not a third of the love this great man has for us. The only man that will vouch for us on the day of judgement. Every other person will be seeking forgiveness for themselves and the greatest man to live will seek Paradise for you. Truly, it humbled me. Humbled me to become a better Muslim. To do everything for the sake of Allah.

This may not relate to all of my readers, but if only I could inspire you to research this great prophet (pbuh) and let's start acting the way he did. Let us implement some of his character and what a beautiful place the world will become!

I am very pleased to be obtaining such knowledge and hoping it makes me a better Muslim to get me to a better life after this life!!

Loving you all for the sake of Allah 
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment