Sunday 6 May 2012

Greener Grass?

Settling into this stay home mother/full time housewife role, it was time for me to branch a little further & start to expand my network. So finally, I took the plunge and had a morning coffee with some of the mothers from Mr M's school. I mean, I see them most mornings and afternoons so was able to get to know them a little so it was natural that this be the next step.

Off we trotted to the local McDonalds - don't be critical, it's just around the corner and seemed to be the right place. Have you checked out Maccas coffee lately? It was quite nice. Perhaps I've just lost my coffee palate?

Anywho, this coffee session was extremely refreshing. Not only was it something different but it was nice to hear about their lives, ways they handle things and really just a general catch up getting to know each other that little bit more.

After a few jokes and some conversations that shouldn't be repeated, we noticed a young lady sitting behind us. Young business like woman, sitting on her laptop. Earphones to her ears busily typing away - well so we thought. It brought back many memories for me. I use to be that woman (perhaps not at Maccas) but definitely in a coffee shop. Scheduling meetings, customer follow ups, scheduling time for shoe shopping...... ohhhhh!

Since we were a little giggly and perhaps loud (4 women trying to get a few words in) it was only polite to turn around and apologise. To our surprise this lass was eager to have a chat with us... As she joins our conversation, she throws in "oh I'd do anything to be in your shoes." Don't wish to hard muffin, cause I did the same thing all those years ago and wallaaa.... here I am!

Of course I have no regrets and I love my new role of having maccas coffee dates then to rush home only to cook, clean and prepare for the after school activities and to respond to the yells and screams..... But back then, grass always seemed greener on the other side....




Keep Safe
Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment