Tuesday 22 May 2012

Mini Me!!

Ohh, it feels good to be able to sit down and blog! Life has been a little busy the past couple of weeks. Had an unwell Miss A - joys of teething. She had an ear infection and was literally stuck to my hip. At the same time, I have no idea how, but I put my back out. I mean, why not... Nothing like looking after an unwell baby when you can barely move!! All this why trying to set up our wonderful little business - Modest Jewels. It was full on but insha'Allah we are on the mend.



Mr M has been my support lately. Growing into a young man. Soccer has been the flavour of the month and he has been putting in 100%. We bought him a professional football and he has been practicing non stop. He spends an additional 30 mins at the field with my brother after training, which I guess gives him that little bit more. His skills & concept of the game have really improved and as you can tell, I am proud as punch! People tell me, he is so much like me but until I analyse him in detail at times I can't see it. Read on for one of those times.... 


We were at a game on Saturday and the coach (who is SUPER may I add - his patience is unbelievable) was having a pep talk to the team. "OK boys & girls, we need to do more tackling, more passing and really have fun." He then talks to one of the key players on the team (who I have named the little Maradona!) and says "you need to pass the ball to your team mates buddy. I don't want you to score goals but help your friends in getting a goal." This was after this young lad had scored over 5 or 6 goals - I stopped counting. Then, up jumps Mr M and says, "coach, why would you tell him to stop scoring? It is because of him we are winning, we need to tell him to score more!" Coach replies, "Mr M, its not about winning or losing - it's about having fun and everyone getting a turn." Mr M responds, "That's not true coach, we need to play and win. We have to be good at everything we do. We have to be on top!" OK, so that was when I put my head down whilst smirking and out of the corner of my eye I can see the coach staring at me!! I could only respond by saying, "His mothers son?"


I am not sure if I was proud or embarrassed. Proud that he listens to me and the fact he wants to be successful but embarrassed that I don't encourage him just to have fun? I mean, I do but at the end of the day it is a game right? A game is made for winning? I have always been extremely competitive and want to be successful so would love for my children to have the same thought? Either way, expectations have been set and are very achievable. It's good to have goals right?? He has received an award a week at school since back this term & yesterday I received an 'encouragement letter' from school telling me of his key strengths.. You rock my world muffin!!


The more and more I see him interact and grow the more I see me in him.. Some my say O.M.G, but I think, how better is the world going to be???



Keep safe & don't forget to check out Modest Jewels.


Peace out..
Mx











No comments:

Post a Comment