Wednesday 9 May 2012

To Fox or not to Fox?

I am currently going through the dilemma on whether or not I stop our subscription to Foxtel. 

Don't get me wrong, Fox has been great to me. The fact I can record my shows and watch them when the children are asleep gets me excited and makes me feel human but..... I have to sit back and think of the return on investment. 

Now that we are on one income, one must be a little smarter with how they spend their money - I want that dream home right? There are many things I can justify, but I just can't seem to do it with Fox. Yes, I watch my shows maybe 1-2 hours a day but most of that is recorded 'free to air channels'. I love the fact that I can fast forward the ads but does this justify $105 per month?

When you become a SHM (stay home mum), you are suppose to be up to date with the latest soap dramas, reality tv shows... right? I so wouldn't be a cool mum if I didn't know the latest on Jerseylicious or the 'Real Housewives of BH"???

I'm battling within myself, husband insists that it is pointless considering there are so many channels on free to air TV (which mind you, I had a digital antenna installed just in case I decided to flick the switch on Fox) and that such a small portion of our day is in front of the tele. Mr M is only allowed 30-45 mins a day after school and even he has lost interest in 'Dora' & 'Cat in the Hat!'. Miss A is still oblivious to it all and even if she wasn't, Playschool is on ABC!

Perhaps no Fox will get me more motivated to hit my 'I must accomplish' list quicker? Means I might not have any late night snacks with my tea whilst watching my recorded shows? Hmmmm.... I am tossing and turning.

I ask you... To Fox or not to Fox?

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment