Monday 30 April 2012

Home Made vs Take Away - Who won?

I have finally given in. I am beginning to show signs of a house wife...



Saturday afternoon, husband had gone fishing (some of us have the luck) and here I was at home with the kidlets thinking of what to make for dinner. I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity for take out, but you won't believe I opted otherwise.

I mean, we all know that Pizza is the ultimate take out meal that one rarely makes right? Well.... I was determine to change this. I was going to bake some home made pizzas. OK, they won't be wood fired, but none the less - they'll be divine. There were only a few ingredients in the house to make my perfect pizzas, but that didn't deter me. Off to Woolies I drove to pick up the rest of the items.

I thought I'd make a variety of toppings (considering my brothers popped in as unexpected guests who I of course convinced to dine with me). Prawn & Vegetables, BBQ Chicken & Vegetables, Gourmet Vegetarian and well the final one was left overs of all the others... Bit of a "BITSA" really.... 

There I stood in the kitchen, dressing these pizzas. Oven on, kids screaming & playing, brothers watching the footy (looked like a scene from a movie to be honest) and I was content. 

Dinner was served and everything was a hit!! Kids were happy, adults were happy & my kitchen was a bomb! 

I sat down after dinner and the following thoughts popped into my mind:

This time last year......

- I wouldn't be home on a Saturday night unless one of us weren't well
- 9481 1111 was on speed dial if we required pizzas
- I would cry if I had cleaned my house and then it was hit with a bomb afterwards
- Me cook for my brothers? Pfft, I am the baby of this family, I should be cooked for!

O.M.G - I have become that typical housewife. The one my mother thought it was never in us (sister included here).

Can you believe that I did not pick up the phone and made it all so convenient?  One phone call, 45 mins later it would have been done. Not to mention the cleaning way would be disposing the boxes into the recycling bin. But I chose to actually make the effort to get out, pick up the items and make a home made pizza? Who does that seriously?

We won't mention that before I left I looked up the recipe for Madeira cake as it's husbands favourites and thought I'd grab the ingredients whilst I am out... Look at that ah? Traits of that housewife, husbands dream about (OK, OK, maybe I took it to far) but definitely on the road... You never know, I could one day run a tv program "Housewives of SWS", who's in?!

Keep Safe
Mx

PS: I have made mental note reminders to take pictures but I just keep forgetting... I will tho moving forward, I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment