Wednesday 18 April 2012

Ring Ring...

It's been almost 12 odd years since I have held a mobile service in my name - well one I had to pay for anyway. The good ol' T issues me with a phone in 2000 and I haven't looked back since, well until today!! Yes, it's taken a while but my mobile service has been transferred into my name. I am the official owner of my mobile number and to be honest, I don't like the feeling. The feeling that I now have another bill to pay whilst on one income, doesn't really make me smile. I can dwell on it or better still not have the mobile so best I keep quiet for now..


Part of the experience was to upgrade my plan and whilst I am at it, upgrade my husbands phone. I mean, it was only fair. He upgraded his service back in November and gave me the device so as thoughtful and sweet as I am, time for me to return the favour (mind you, he was on my back about it for months!). Bless Bruce from T, he got me sorted and transferred the number so it was time to go into a shop and select my plan, device & contract. So in a go, with my two little munchkins. (Before I continue, I just want to let y'all know that I started off in a shop just like this one - so I know what it should deliver.) Anywho, in we walk and have a quick look around. Mr M was right into the devices and Miss A was just finding her mouth with her fingers. I wait for a free consultant and over he wonders. Quite a pleasant chap, wouldn't say the greatest of consultants but hey we will give him a go. Talked him through my requirements - though I am certain he wasn't listening. Asked about my usage and advises he will check it out on the system. When I told him, not possible as service was just transferred he just continued about writing the number down - CLEARLY not listening. 


He finally works it all out, gives me the best plan option and the process begins - but hold on, he hands me to another lady. Whilst he is 'handing' over, he asks me "oh thats right, your company transferred the service yeh? what was that company?" Like seriously dude, I told you 3 times that its the company you work for!!!! With a smile, he continued to hand over. Could this possible get worse? Absolutely!! This chick was seriously bad. I mean, not a little bad... a lot bad!! Who taught her customer service? Did she do the same training courses I did? Is she following the new 'customer first' campaign, surely not. She took the information from Mr T (won't disclose names - cause thats just not ethical) and went about her work. Did she acknowledge me? Did she make the small talk that she needed to make? Ummm no! Gave me a look or two, told my son thats how the system worked (when clearly I told him the same thing) and typed away. Time to sign paperwork - she ran through what was required and said if you are happy, sign here. Me: "Sign here if I am happy with the T's & C's or service?" Ms D: "No just the T's & C's". Did she not get it? Can lead a horse to water, but can't make it drink, right?!! Least I have a very pleased husband!


The whole point to this was to explain that again I had some mixed emotions. Was I glad that I didn't have to manage that type of 'poor' customer service or was I sad that I don't get to make a difference and turn this chick from Ms 'tude to Ms cool? 


I'll just ponder on that thought for a few more days as I am sure the feeling will subside.


Some positive notes:
* Husband and I both have new phones (yes, made a trip to Penriff today and had it replaced - that was another experience of its own) and loving them!
* Husbands 'congrats' lunch is all organised and ready to rock n roll. Nice to be in control of something other than feed & bath time :)
* Was again complemented by a few peeps on my weight loss, justification for that chocolate egg looking at me!








Peace at to y'all
Mx





1 comment:

  1. you went to the 'riff..... has your life changed? and hey, don't diss the tude in the T stores. They can't help but be dickheads!

    ReplyDelete