Sunday 22 April 2012

Af's Bash....

Exhausted I am, cause of the fab day we had! Today, I held a luncheon in my wonderful husband - Dr M.A.Khan's honour. Three reasons for the gathering; Firstly to thank Allah for allowing him to be successful and be thankful of everything in our lives. Secondly to congratulate him on finally make it and thirdly beautiful opportunity for the family to get together before my inlaws fly out on Tuesday. 

I made it easier on myself by deciding to have the lunch catered for (by Rouba's Home-Made Lebanese Food) and having it in our local picnic spot. This spot is pretty special to our family, we have had a many events at this exact location. One in particular was Mr M's first birthday party... Wow, almost 6 years ago. 

Anywho, packed the few essentials we needed and headed off to hang out for the day. It was such an exciting day, all were there with their high spirits on.

Today my aim was to relax and gain as many family pics as possible (of me, husband and children)... Neither went as well as planned. As much as I love hosting an event, it takes a lot out of you. Miss A was in a mood, Mr M was doing his own thing and I wanted to ensure everyone was happy and eating... You know, I wouldn't be Lebanese if I didn't make y'all over eat! I honestly thought this time that I had catered accordingly. In the past, we have had left overs for over a week so I was determined today would be different. Pffttt, that was another fail! Not only do I have 3 large trays of food but all but 1 or 2 people took food with them. Least no one has to cook tomorrow, right?

Atmosphere was nice, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I was pretty pleased with myself today as everyone in my family attended. It was just beautiful to have everyone together.

After indulging in the wonderful food that was catered for us, it was time for cake cutting (made by Oula-la-Cakes) and speeches. Ohh I wish my tears didn't roll like they do! We had some beautiful people say some wonderful things. Many duaa's (prays) took place and we all felt extremely humbled. I had a brother share some beautiful words for my husband, including the proudness from the whole family and my father in law finished by thanking my family for being so warm and welcoming. "We will keep this experience in our memories for ever".. Quote Unquote (FIL)

Cake was beautiful and fair to say it was so big that half of the picnic area was given some pieces. I mean, why shouldn't we share the love right? Better them than my hips!!

I truly am so proud of my husband, words can not describe it. I hope his career is blessed and full of happiness and self satisfaction. I hope he enjoyed his day as much as I enjoyed putting it together for him. I know he reads my blogs now and then so honey - love you!!

We are now all absolutely exhausted. Kids are in bed, inlaws are on their way and time for me to sip my tea and just catch up on my Facebook goss.

Here is an attempt of a family pic......



Can't wait to organise my next event..

Peace out 
Mx





No comments:

Post a Comment