Monday 9 April 2012

I'm here, I made it!

Well here I am finally!! I have been contemplating on whether I should be blogging or not and I have finally taken the plunge and thought... 'lets do it!' I have to admit, I am a little bit nervous having it been my first time so please, be gentle on me...

I decided that I am in desperate need of mental stimulation. Some might be thinking why? Well I have gone from a full time working mother with over 15 odd years of experience to a 'stay home mother of 2'. The longest time I spent away from work was a 4 month period when my boy was born in 2006. 

Work was a HUGE part of my life. I worked for a solid organisation that I have to admit was extremely good to me. I met some wonderful people, made some life long friends and was truly inspired by some really awesome leaders. I was with this organisation for over 13 years so held various roles. Majority of these roles were in management. I managed many different sales teams & operations teams and let me assure you, it was such an honour to have these people work with me. I know this might sound a little vain, but we rocked it. My teams were always highly motivated and just a dream to work with. Fair to say, my career with this organisation was bliss - I am actually getting a little teary thinking of the days! This journey ended when I left in Oct '11.. Off to have baby number 2 and hopefully not look back!

I am now into my 6th month off work and I can feel the itch in my feet.. My heart tells me I am doing the right thing by staying home for my babies, but my brain decides it wants to disagree. I am very fortunate that right now at this stage in life, I have the privilege of being able to stay home with my children - I know many don't have this chance. So, rather than throw the towel in on the 'stay home mother' gig, I thought I'd give the brain a working through something online - alas my Blog!!

I have named my blog - 'BITSA'. Really, because you will read "bits of this and bits of that." I will probably talk through some of my days activities, new hobbies I hope to take up, some of my religious findings and ways that I intend to better strengthen and help those in need. I am also looking into a new working venture so will talk you through that too! I will no doubt take you also through some of the emotions I am experiencing, especially when things just aren't going my way (you will soon learn that I am a bit of a control freak!)

I hope to blog daily, if not every other day. There might be times that I need some advice, so would love for you to give me your 2c worth (as long as it isn't nasteee!) 

I have updated my profile, so you can read a little about me and my family...

I now feel quite excited to have begun this journey, heres hoping it is what my brain needs!

'til next time, take care - Mervet x

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the world of blogging my beautiful friend.... I'm glad you worked at that big company as otherwise we wouldn't know each other. I'm grateful to the Big T for the true friends I gained, nothing else ;-) I'll be reading your blog regularly, I hope you enjoy writing it as its really quite therapeutic xxx

    ReplyDelete