Saturday 14 April 2012

Player of the match - 'big headed mumma!'

OK OK, so here I am sitting down to write todays blog. Yes, I made it through Mr M's first real soccer game and nope, I was not arrested. I wasn't even given dirties by the opposition so I was definitely in my glory...


Excitement built for us all morning. My son was off to play his first competition game and I just was just hoping he would rock it! We get there a little early and we watch a few other games, my anxiety kicks in and I start to feel sick... This is ridiculous! 9.40am rolled around and finally we had kick off.. Let me tell you, what a kick off it was! These kids were all over the ball and it just wasn't going anywhere. I could see our team tire and we hadn't even started yet. My vocals weren't used to much in the first half as I had to assess the situation. Needed to learn the players number and really get my mojo on! Mr M had a shocking first half. He was kicking the ball into space, tackles were limited, no goals were scored. All I could think was ohhh super! Here I am, proud as punch and he didn't even get a goal in! I was really feeling flat, how could this be. Surely my son can do this?!! Mr M spent first 10 mins of 2nd half on the bench... Back in my day, the good ol' bench warmers were very uncool! I thought to myself, thats it ... nothing can turn this game around. Mr M was then called on to sub another poor sod who could barely walk... He seemed to come back with an overwhelming amount of energy. He was onto it now and there I was at the sideline, walking the field and directing the team. 'Up the field boys, big kick, tackle, chase the ball, thats it, nice try, go Hinchinbrook go!' were the main words/sentences I used today and they worked. Within mins Mr M had scored his first goal. You beautttttyyyyy!! I look over to the inlaws and there was the FIL jumping for joy. Few mins past and goaaaaalllll! You guessed it, he did it again... Time ticked and before you know it, I have no voice and Mr M has scored his 3rd goal.. My head started to pound as I was screaming so loudly. I do think the boys on the team now know who I am.. Betchya they are thinking, poor Mr M, you seen his psyco mother? Don't really care cause it worked! My boy scored 3 goals on his first game - ohhhh it was nice!


End of game comes and I ask coach what the final score was... "We don't keep tally, its just a friendly draw".. WTH, no scores? Friendly draw? Get outta here, I am a competitive woman dammit.. My son needs to win. I need to know. Coach smiles at me and with that I knew that I had to accept no scores - I will keep my own next time ;)! Teams shake hands and coach calls them over for a bit of a debrief. Tells them how proud he is and decides to announce player of the match who gets to keep the trophy for a week.... "Today this trophy will go my friend who made some great tackles, good kicks and even scored some goals.... Well done, M..." Sorry, who?? M it's you... O.M.G, my son one player of the match for his first official game.. Opposition definitely heard my voice. Go M, you rock my sweetheart! From I think I have to write you off as a soccer player to player of the match - chuffed I am.. Move out of my head space please peeps!!






I realised today, I am quite grateful for being a stay home mum. I get to watch my kids to activities, take them places and generally guide them through life. I have to stop looking at the negatives and enjoy the positives..


After the game and gloating of all that took place, we head off to have lunch with my BFF near the water.. It was nice to unwind considering my throat was starting to itch. Kids enjoyed themselves and the men went out to sea for some fishing - lovely afternoon to finish off a fab day.


I spoke about iggle piggle yesterday and let me tell you, today it was the best thing since sliced bread. We did 4 odd trips today and Miss A begun to become unsettled in all of them, but as soon as iggle came on - she was as quite as a mouse. Not to mention that she slept in each trip... My new friend, Iggle!!


I shall leave you with a quote that I vow to live by... “To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today”- Anonymous


'til next time - peace out 
Mx






No comments:

Post a Comment