Wednesday 11 April 2012

A memorable day.....

It is till quite early in our household this morning and whilst little Miss A settles down for a morning nap (considering she was up @ 5am!) I thought I'd get a quick blog in. Yesterday was too busy for me to even get a chance to hop online - thank God for FB on your phone! The biggest adaptation I have had to have is that I have dependants 24/7 and no break time as a I please. Gone are the times I can have a tea in peace, catch up on the news or even speak to my mother without 100 interruptions. Even the most stressful days at work, I was able to go to the ladies without being followed! Anywho, let's not dwell too much on that today.

Yesterday was an exciting day for us! Little Miss A got her ears pierced. Many a times I would receive comments 'oh how old is your son?' or 'isn't he cute?'.. So this was exciting for me. I would have done it earlier however I had to wait for my BFF to build up the courage as her daughter (who is only 3 months older than Miss A) was having her ears done at the same time. It was a day to note in our diaries. They were absolutely gorgeous together. A few tears followed by a few hugs and walaa - our little girls actually looked like little princesses! Oh the smiles - from us anyway!





The events didn't stop after that from cooking, to cleaning, to soccer training. Mind you, I have always wanted to be a 'soccer mum' but at 6pm in winter with a  5 month old - not pretty. Husband has started night shift so its gonna get tough. Mr M has his first soccer game this weekend and I am too excited. When I told him I will be cheering him on down the sideline his expression was priceless! 'Are you going to scream my name mum?' 'Absolutely' I replied. 'Oh please don't, cause that is embarrassing!' Well little does he know, I have been hanging for these games and I will be there at half time with the oranges and barely no voice... GO M GO!!

I have put on my cooking apron lately and have really wanted to grow my cooking skills. Bless my mother (mind you who is the best cook in the world) for her patience with me. I managed to whip up 'shish barak' yesterday which for those who don't know is a dough filled with meat cooked in a yoghurt based sauce - absolutely divine. I have to admit, the result was pretty impressive. In-laws liked it, which is always a hit - such a gorgeous DIL they have... Especially after they tasted my chocolate cake for dessert :)!

I also learnt a lesson yesterday. Yes, some of you might think oh seriously Merv, you should have known that ages ago, but  I am a little naive at times - I like to see the good in things but I will take it in my stride!

Anywho, today is a new day and am hoping to learn something a little more rewarding. I have been reading lately of so many who are less fortunate than ourselves. My aim is to help these groups a little bit more, or even set up something of my own to help such woman through hardship.. Let's see how that thought pans out...

I'm outta here to continue my day, 'til next time.... Mx


1 comment:

  1. would love to hear more about the lesson you learnt, and also see a pic of the meal you made - educate me already woman!! you never know, you might have me making 'shish barak' too! xx ps you're braver than I when it comes to ear piercing, hoping to avoid that one for a few years yet (x2)

    ReplyDelete